Where is Town Hall?

Cedar Point Town Hall is located at 427 Sherwood Avenue; directly down from Auto Zone

Current hours of operation are:  Monday – Friday: 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. & 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.

 What is the phone number for the Swansboro Post Office?

Swansboro Post Office: (910) 326-5959

 Who are the local utility companies & how can they be contacted?

  • Water:  West Carteret Water Corporation 252-393-1515
  • Electricity: Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative 252-247-3107
  • Telephone:  (local service)  888-723-8010
  • Cable:  Time-Warner Cable 800-892-4357

 Where can I register to vote?

Voter registration forms are available at the Town Hall, as well as in Beaufort.

Carteret County Board of Elections
1724A Live Oak St.
Beaufort, NC 28516
Hours: 8:00 am thru 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Phone: 252-728-8460

 Where can I pay my taxes?

The Town has contracted with Carteret County for various services including tax collection. The County has established a Western Carteret Office conveniently located in Cedar Point at 701 Cedar Point Boulevard (behind the BP Gas Station), telephone 252-222-5833.

 Where can I obtain a Zoning Permit?

The Town Planner handles all zoning matters within the Town’s jurisdiction.

For further information, please telephone 252-393-2753.

 When is trash picked up?

The Town contracts with Waste Industries for all collection services. All items for pick-up must be placed in approved containers and placed curbside to the street serving the property for pick-up by 7:00 A.M. every Wednesday morning.

 What type of trash will be picked up?

Waste Industries is contracted to collect Municipal Solid Waste which means garbage resulting from day-to-day activities of a residence that can be disposed of in sanitary landfills.

 What are the specific regulations concerning garbage containers?

Refuse Containers:
  • All residential units, regardless of type of residential use, will be required to provide “adequate containment” of all refuse.
  • All residential units will be required to use standard 30-gallon or 90-gallon roll-out containers. Those who use 30-gallon containers are allowed a maximum of three (3) containers. Individuals with special needs are urged to contact Town Hall for special authorization.

 How can I dispose of items not allowed for curbside pick-up?

Carteret County operates the 12 Convenience Sites to collect Solid Waste from the residents living in the unincorporated areas of the county as well as collect recyclable and other materials from all citizens.

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 7 AM – 6 PM
  • Wednesday 2 PM – 6 PM
  • Sunday 1 PM – 6 PM

Further information can be viewed by visiting Carteret County Landfill Locations
Town Hall: (252)393-7898 | 427 Sherwood Ave (PO Box 1687) Cedar Point, NC 28584 | townhall@cedarpointnc.org